103014 || 12:04AM || "Not Hearing From You"

I like not hearing from you
Because some days I feel good and strong
And I lessen the guilt knowing how much we cared
Convincing myself that
you have moved on.

I like not hearing from you
Because most days I cannot pull through
And I lessen the pain knowing how much we cared
Convincing myself that
you miss me too.

- ar

Monday, January 26, 2015

Everlong Nights

You know, you're still my lullaby,
The place my slumber lies.
Your words, the swaying mobile
that danced above my eyes.

Now that you're gone,
so is my rest.
I close my eyes in vain.
Wide awake I spend my nights
with walks down memory lane.

Nocturnal now, like wolves at hunt,
while you remain the sheep.
I'm still here counting
endless minutes,
I don't get to sleep.

- ar

No comments:

Post a Comment