103014 || 12:04AM || "Not Hearing From You"

I like not hearing from you
Because some days I feel good and strong
And I lessen the guilt knowing how much we cared
Convincing myself that
you have moved on.

I like not hearing from you
Because most days I cannot pull through
And I lessen the pain knowing how much we cared
Convincing myself that
you miss me too.

- ar

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Your Own

You are crowding your mind
with lies you've created.
You are doubting my love
which was true, but has faded.
You have shut yourself in,
and have made your own darkness.

How could I be to blame?
Why would I ever start this?

You try to move forward,
but keep looking back.
So you've swerved and you've crashed
and you've strayed from your track.
You want to feel better
but yourself you've convinced
That my words were in vain,
that I've cut and I've minced
all the thoughts you have shared,
your broke pieces and secrets.
"This can't be necessary."
But I need this,
I need this.

You don't see the light,
refuse future's glory.
Believe, please, believe
we weren't a good story.
You're in your own darkness,
I know,
I have mine.
It is dark,
but not black;
We're not totally blind.

Don't shut yourself up.
Don't shut yourself in.
I know you,
I know you,
I know who you've been.
I know who you'll be,
I know that you're strong.
I know that you'll do
what we've done all along.

We will be,
we will live,
we will gain back our sight.
You're in your own darkness,
But you hold your own light.

— ar

No comments:

Post a Comment